Thursday, February 24, 2011
This one is for the girls.

Yesterday, I was frustrated because my face was breaking out a bit, so I did a google search for homemade purifying face masks. After sifting through some recipes for masks which required ingredients I didn't have on hand, I found one for which I had all the necessary ingredients, and which would be easy to make. So, my roommate and I decided to try it together. Here's the recipe we used:

1/2 Cup of instant oatmeal, cooked (microwave is fine)
1 egg, raw
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 Cup (or thereabouts) of honey

After mixing it all together and letting it cool a bit, we smeared it on our faces. Granted, it looked really nasty, and the clumps of oatmeal on our faces looked kind of like some sort of terrible skin disease, but apparently it tasted pretty good, because my roommate ate most of the left overs! (Note: 1/2 a cup of oatmeal made a LOT of face mask!) We let it dry for about 20 minutes, washed it off with lukewarm water, and rinsed with cold water.

Well, though the application of the mask was kind of gross (and led to much laughter and my roommate flinging some of it on me), it worked wonderfully! This morning I woke up with super-soft, clearer skin, as did my roomie. Needless to say, this recipe is going to stay in my arsenal of tricks, though next time, I might try smashing the oats a little more before hand so it's a little less lumpy...

0 comments:

Welcome!

About Me

My Photo
Rebecca Aragon
Hi! I'm a college student from Texas, getting an undergrad in painting. I'm enjoying life and discovering who I am in my art as I go along. I'm a painter and a graphic artist and I dabble in all sorts of other mediums as well.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Find Me!

To see more of my work in various mediums, visit my DeviantArt page and my website. I try to keep them updated with most of my work.
DeviantArt Profile

Followers