Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Artists don't get down to work until the pain of working is exceeded by the pain of not working. - Stephen DeStaebler 

I did warn you that my "sketch of the day" was not likely to be a daily thing, and you can't say I didn't tell the truth. But I'm not giving it up completely! I have a sketch for you today, and I also have some clay projects to share as well.



These are just some scans of pages from my sketchbook where I was sketching people unawares. I have a friend who calls this "Ninja sketching." I think that pretty much sums it up. They're just loose, gestural drawings, trying to catch the impression of someone before they move -- or worse, discover that you're drawing them. *Gasp*

But as I mentioned, I'd also like to share a few of my current clay projects. They're still in the works, because they are all unglazed currently. I'll just give you a little peak into the in-progress works, and hopefully by the end of this semester, they will all be nicely glazed and I can show you the finished product. 
As usual, click to enlarge. 





I'm enjoying clay. It's a fun medium. Messy, and a very fast-paced class, but fun. 

0 comments:

Welcome!

About Me

My Photo
Rebecca Aragon
Hi! I'm a college student from Texas, getting an undergrad in painting. I'm enjoying life and discovering who I am in my art as I go along. I'm a painter and a graphic artist and I dabble in all sorts of other mediums as well.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Find Me!

To see more of my work in various mediums, visit my DeviantArt page and my website. I try to keep them updated with most of my work.
DeviantArt Profile

Followers